Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

What Makes Me Happy

What can really make me happy for the whole day is when someone rings my doorbell and hands me some homecooked food, enough to last me not only for one meal but several meals.

This is a bowl of Chinese style stir-fried spaghetti with chicken fillet, squids, baby bak choy, eggs and julienned carrot. The girls' grand-aunt who lives a few floors below ours was kind enough to help me cook and sent it to my doorstep.  I gave her all the raw ingredients and she happily whipped up a big bowl of yummy noodles that was enough to sustain us for 3 lunches. The following day, she helped me whip up a stewed chicken dish.  Now that I have no more live-in helper, using the wok or pan to do stir-frying and deep-frying is a hassle for me. I am a clean freak and who likes a spick and span kitchen that's oil-free. So engaging in frying would mean lots of washing, wiping and moping which I hate. 

On another note, my mil is finally back from Hong Kong. Now, we can all have homecooked food again :D




2 comments:

Yannie said...

This looks seriously good. I don't think I can whip up something this good.

coffeesncookies said...

Happy for you. Can wave bye-bye to the horrible catered food.