Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, November 13, 2015

Spaghetti Bolognese Made From Scratch

A few days ago, I made spiral spaghetti with beef bolognese sauce.  This is one dish that the kids will never get bored of eating.  But I find prepping this dish pretty time consuming as I do not use bottled pasta sauce. It can be made very easily and quickly with just a bottle of pasta sauce but I try not to buy bottled sauces.  I make my sauce from scratch and it involves a lot of work from peeling, chopping, blending and cooking the sauce.













My sauce is made from blending 5 plump ripened organic tomatoes, carrots, celery and onions together in my Blendtec blender.  And adding such dried herbs as thyme, Italian herbs and fresh dill.

I also added portobello and shiitake mushrooms for added nutrients and fiber.  Oil used is avocado oil. Beef used is antibiotic-free Australian minced beef.





And lots of chopped Bombay onions for the flavor.





And this is mine - organic broccoli bolognese sans the high-carb noodles :D It is SO SO delish!


No comments: