Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Fruit Smoothies

Fruit smoothies that I made over the past 2 days...


Orange + green apple + persimmon + USA black grapes.






Korean Shingo pear + strawberry + orange + coconut water.




Smoothies are sweet, refreshing and are a perfect thirst quencher. But if you are diabetic, go slow on fruits smoothies, especially on fruit juices (as juices are sans the fiber) as they spike up your blood sugar level quickly.  The fruit smoothies that I prepare are only for the kiddos. The hubs and I don't drink them often, I only eat my fruits.  Our girls love their daily smoothie-of-the-day. They are lazy to chew their fruits (yes, can you believe it?!), so swallowing a variety of fruits everyday in the form of smoothie ensures that they get their daily dose of vitamin C and fiber.



2 comments:

Chris said...

Why not local fruits like papaya and pineapple and a host of others? More nutritious and definitely cheaper. And less promotion of imported(and not necessarily healthier) fruits.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Chris, I add in pineapple to our daily smoothies very often as they are very flavorful. Talk about papaya, it's been a while since I last bought papaya. Shall get some today :)