Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Easy Way Out

On days that Maria our part-time helper doesn't come, I now get takeaway food from my favorite family-approved eateries in the neighborhood.  One of the eateries is a Japanese restaurant and they have economy mixed dishes cooked the Japanese way available during lunch.  However, the price is not as cheap as 'chap fan'.  It cost RM50 for these three dishes for 5 pax, sans rice. Everyone loves the food and there's never once any food that's leftover.  The chef is a health freak and she's very fastidious about what goes into the dishes that she cooks.  Even my persnickety foodie hubs approves of the food from this Japanese restaurant.

Chicken Teriyaki:

 
Tofu + minced chicken patties:

Japanese seaweed and radish appetizer:
 
It's such a chore taken off our shoulders when we don't have to cook, scrub pots, wok and pans and wipe greasy stoves and floor. I know the mil feels tired as well having to cook 6 times a week.  And the house is so much more peaceful when the girls don't have to squabble over cleaning up and keeping unfinished food after dinner!   I think I'll stick to this arrangement of buying takeout on days that our helper doesn't come in.  My right hand has now completely healed and I am not taking any chances of overworking it again!  

No comments: