Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Spiral Ear Biscuits (Yee Chai Pang)

Whenever I come across Yee Chai Pang (spiral ear biscuit) at shops selling snacks, I will be overcome with a feeling of nostalgia.  My brothers and I grew up eating Yee Chai Pang.  

I remember mum would frequently bring me to the biscuit shop after school and I could choose any biscuit I wanted. As a kid, I loved biscuits with cream filling, but not anymore now. Yee Chai Pang and Chum Thau Pang (pillow biscuit or Tam-Tam Pillows) were and still are my favorites.

These spiral ear biscuits are probably one of the crunchiest treats ever with subtle flavors of spices imbued with a tinge of smokiness. Not too sweet nor salty, delightfully aromatic and crunchy, these biscuits can be very addictive.

This morning I saw these biscuits for sale at a kerbside stall. The vendor would display his dried groceries, biscuits and fruits at a kerb in our neighborhood every Wednesday. I saw many biscuits that I used to eat during my childhood.  I picked a packet of spiral ear biscuits. My girls are not fans of this biscuit though, so I'm going to share it with Maria when she comes in later 😁

Next week I'm going to grab a packet of Tam-Tam Pillows from the kerbside vendor.  The girls are big fans of this snack.  It's crunchy, salty and it's crab-seasoned. It's another addictive munch that we have to be very careful not to over-indulge in, lest we get a sore throat and cough... and then think that we may have been infected with Covid 😆

Only RM4.50 for a big packet.  What a steal for a great snack.



No comments: