Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, April 24, 2022

Negative

I've been feeling languid with headaches for the past few days. My throat feels strange too and I have pain in my nape. I also have had an insatiable thirst with extreme sleepiness the past few days.  Ever since two members of our family were down with Covid a month ago, I have been feeling paranoid about being infected.  Usually, when one or two members of the household are down with Covid, everyone else eventually gets it.  That is the trend I see.  

But there is also another Covid trend that I have observed which is surprising.  When all the children and the husband in a family got infected with Covid, the mother was spared despite her taking care of the Covid-zens and not even wearing a mask. I have seen this in my eldest brother's family and two other friends where kiddos and husbands had severe Covid but my SIL and friends were spared. 

Today I finally had the courage to do another Covid self-test when my headache and lethargy didn't abate.  It's a negative.

With this, I suddenly remembered that I may be experiencing menstrual migraine. I'm also not new to period flu. I had similar symptoms when my AF visited last month and I thought I had Covid.  Darn the hormones! 


Nasal swab test result.
I find it easier to administer a nasal swab vs. a saliva test. It's torture to collect enough saliva to fill up the test tube. Who's with me on this?




Pan-fried miso salmon and stir-fried Korean-style baby octopus whipped up by our teenage chef. 


I ordered the salmon and baby octopus from Fully Fishery Malaysia at Lazada and they were delivered to me in an icebox.  I paid RM12 for shipping and RM3 for the icebox.

The salmon cost RM6.99 a slice, octopus at RM15 a pack, and tako leg (octopus) at RM8 a pack. These are imported from China, thus the low price, but tasted fresh.  The salmon slices, however still had scales on them and tiny bones in the flesh.  It's very tedious to have to remove the bones and scales. 

I don't think I will buy the salmon slices again though they tasted fine but will definitely buy the octopus again. My girls are fans of squid and octopus 😁

No comments: