Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, June 18, 2022

Fresh Donburi In A Cute Can

While browsing Facebook, I saw an advertisement on Aokioki's donburi. What's unique about Aokioki's donburi is all their donburi sets come in a sealed canned. It's like eating canned food but the food inside is freshly prepped.   

Then I saw my friends' posts on Facebook about their canned donburi ordered from Aokioki.  And I jumped into the canned donburi bandwagon too and placed an order immediately!

Aokioki donburi is fresh Japanese rice bowls in a can delivered to you still warm. The donburi is best eaten within 2 hours of receiving it or it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.  The food can be reheated in the microwave oven for 2 minutes after the top lid is removed.

While canned donburi is very common in Japan, it is still quite a novel concept in Malaysia. 

Our verdict - the food is OK but the portion of the dish is super small. I think the portion is just right for a kid or for an adult who's a small eater.  

Price is RM13 per can or a bundle deal of 5 don sets at RM57 with 30% off the delivery fee.  I ordered the bundle deal.

I may re-order this again in the future since everyone at home is a small eater but I'll have to prep an extra veggie dish to go with the canned don.





We didn't check the plastic bag for the teriyaki sauce and dug into the food immediately upon receiving it.  And we all commented that the food was very dry with not enough teriyaki sauce. 
After everyone was done eating and when I was about to throw the plastic bag, I saw the teriyaki sauce in little sauce containers along with chili powder at the bottom of the plastic bag.  But it was too late as we had all eaten the food 😬.  I kept all the sauces in the fridge for our future donburi dinner.  


No comments: