Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Getting Rid Of Stench From The Microwave Oven

My mil and I had a rude surprise when she opened the microwave oven door this afternoon to reheat some noodles that she had bought from the market this morning. Inside the microwave oven were 3 plates of overnight dishes - a plate of tong kwai and wolfberries steamed chicken, some stir fried brinjals and another don't know what dish that looked mutilated, eeewwwwww.... and the stench was disgusting. The dishes also looked gross as they were covered with moulds, eeeuuuuu!! Those dishes were left inside to rot for at least 1 week! I immediately cut up a lemon into half, squeeze out some juice and poured some water into a small bowl and cooked it uncovered in the microwave for 2 minutes. The result was amazing. The microwave smelled fresh of lemon! I got this tip from a magazine that I read quite some time back.

3 comments:

Mamapumpkin said...

Alamak! is this maid punya pasal?? Thanks for the tip with the lemon, I should try it 2mr!

Pete said...

Hah, this is good and easy tips for cleaning a microwave oven!

Annie Q said...

who left the food inside?

Thanks for sharing, i learn something new again. :)