Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby C's Dinner

I feel as if I'm in a race to plump up my sweetie-pie before the surgery next week. Our surgeon said that at 8+kg, it is a tad under-weight for her age. The surgery will have a higher success rate if she's a little heavier. Nonetheless, he told us that he had once operated on a baby who weighed 8kg.

To plump my baby up, I am feeding her with extra protein. I try to feed her at least an egg a day, along with fish, Pediasure (albeit I'm only able to force feed her 2-3 scoops a day), soy bean milk and E.Excel's Nutrifresh (which has soy bean protein).



This was Baby C's dinner 2 days ago, consisting of steam egg, steam fish with organic Japanese pumpkin, Nestle chicken cereal and chicken soup. That will be my last time trying to feed my sweetie-pie cereal coz she absolutely hates cereals. After painstakingly feeding her all the above for over an hour, she puked everything out when I gave her the last spoonful of cereal! That's the last straw.... I will forget about cereals and jar food for Baby C, period! Long sigh.....

7 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

poor you and poor baby C too. I hope she doesn't feel very "jelak" from eating too much. the dinner sure looks like a lot for someone her age. since you give her soybean milk, could you mix the pediasure in it?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Barb.... yes, that's what I'm doing now - by mixing the Pediasure into her soy bean milk. BTW, though she loves the steam egg, I'm only giving her half the egg in one sitting. Most times, she can't even finish the fish and pumpkin.

Merryn said...

no point giving too much until she puke out everything. give just enuf so that the food stays inside to fatten her up! :) good luck! kesian baby C.. but still... go go girl!

MamaJo said...

Maybe, don't force her too much?? I know you wanna to put some extra kg on her, but, won't doing this, will make her scare of food in future??

Charmaine said...

Maybe you could try feeding Baby C smaller meals, more frequently. That way, she might be able to keep the food down, instead of one big feed in one sitting. Hope she manages to put on weight before the surgery next week. Will keep her and your family in our prayers.

Joshua & Bryant's mummy said...

try mashed potatoes with formula milk and butter......it's really tasty too, and u can even bake it in the oven with some grated cheese.....fattening huh?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions!