Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, May 8, 2010

PCOS Disorder

During the height of my PCOS disorder, I had a drawer filled with women vitamins and herbs to regulate my hormones / menses. Sadly, none of them proved effective and I had to go through the painful and invasive method of correcting the disorder. I went through an ovarian drilling procedure, where the doctor ‘drilled holes’ on both my ovaries with laser. That only provided relief for a short period. I believe I still have PCOS as I have not been getting my menses for 2 years now! They say that when you are still lactating, you will not get your menses but most of my friends who are still nursing their toddlers have already gotten their menses. I must pay a visit to my Ob&Gyn one day to have an ultrasound scan of my inner parts to see what’s going on inside there.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Issit really true about not getting your menses while you're lactating, is a symptom of PCOS? My girl is 9 mths old, and I am still breastfeeding her, hence no menses yet. I thought its normal, no?

Health Freak Mommy said...

I thought it's normal too but no menses for 2 years? I really don't know. Must ask my gynae!

ryeli said...

how many times do you nurse baby c in a day? mine came when haye li was 13 months old and that also coz i stopped pumping during the day when she's nearly 12 months old.

Jocelyn said...

I think I've read that some mommies that do extended breastfeeding also did not get their menses for a few years (i think 3,4 or even 5 years)

Do let me know too after checking with your gynae. All this while I too thought its normal.

Chris said...

I do think it is normal not to have yr period whilst breastfeeding(lord knows there should be more benefits than that!). However, one can still get pregnant while there is no period...so be careful! I have a friend whose hubs is a gynae and she had her 2 boys 11 mths apart!! I still laugh at her hubs for such ill-planning!!