Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Without Help Very Soon

Just a moment ago, I saw something black and moving on the floor. At a closer look, I realized that it was a COCKROACH!! Yikes, I hate roaches and they are one of my greatest fears. I freaked out and yelled out "Dyaaaaaaaaah, cepat bawa Shelltox, cepat, cepat, cepat, ada cockroach!!!". My helper came running with a can of Shelltox and quickly aimed at the roach and sprayed on it continuously till the little fler struggled and died. She then wrapped it with a tissue paper and flushed it down the toilet.

A few weeks down the road, my helper will be back Indon for good and I will be left alone to handle 3 rambunctious kids. Mil will be away in HK for a few months soon and hubby is always not home. I keep telling myself that I can handle the kids without a full-time helper but in times like this when I need help or when my kids are sick and vomiting, who is going to help me? I guess in times like this, I have to brace myself for the worst, cry and scream for help or call 999 for help, boo hoo hoo hoo.... :(

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am now handle 3 yo & 1yo toddlers alone...yeah, its very frustrating at first, handle their vomit and poop on their pants and pray everyday they won't get sick. anywawy.. gutluck

coffeesncookies said...

shireen,, man man lei.. it's gonna take a while to get used to life without a maid and the first month is most challenging.
man man lei..

Yannie said...

It is tough and it is challenging, but I am quite sure you can sail through it. Gambateh!

Mona Loh said...

Pray for protection & grace, Shireen... God will send his angels to help you..

Shenny's mommy said...

Have you noticed there is one program shown on NTV7 called Nanny 911 at 8.30pm every Monday? You may get some tips on how to handle kids there. Just a suggestion, hope it helps.

mott said...

Take it one day at a time. Tomorrow always a new day.

If it's not done today, there's always tomorrow (or I just tend to 'forget' about it!!)! :D

Linda said...

I am still ok with cockroach, but I hate and scared of lizard...

Hopefully you can find the rythm and get on track when your helper left....

MeRy said...

It is tough & challenging.....Bt u sure can do it.

MeRy said...

You sure can do it !!!

Alicia said...

yea same here i hate cockroaches!!!! dun worry about looking after ur kids alone im sure u can do it!

CL said...

I am sure you can do it. I thought I could not deal with 2 kids alone, without maid, when I first moved here.. I was terrified and worried. Just take it one step at a time. Yes, initial months might be rough, but soon you will establish a routine and timetable that suit you well...