Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Nap Skipper

Baby does not take her afternoon nap on most days lately. She will spend most of her time fixing jig saw puzzles or on the laptop learning her ABCs, playing games and watching cartoons and songs. She can spend the entire afternoon doing these 2 activities and she's only just turned 3! Oh yea, her computer skill is getting better and better with each day and I cannot believe how adept a just turned 3YO is with her nimble fingers and her speed of learning. It's true that the experts say that a child learns very well from newborn - 6YO, after which the window of opportunity will slow down.

By 9pm, her batteries will run flat and many times while spoon-feeding her milk, she will struggle to keep her eyes opened. The second I leave her to get something, she will doze off and all hell will break loose if I try to jolt her up to finish her milk or brush her teeth.


6 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

I really admire your kids.. can tidor almost anywhere and anytime!

Chris said...

If that is not a picture of sheer exhaustion, I don't know what is!! I am amazed she can stay up till 9pm! My kids at that age went to bed at 8pm, a time I always looked forward to! (plus there was a nap too). I was always jealous of several friends whose kids went down at 7pm!! Like how??!!

Yannie said...

Since she is so tired at 9pm, I guess you have to get her ready to bed at 8pm when she skips her nap. Like Chris said is right, you will have more time when she has gone to bed.

Little Kit Boy said...

Oh she is so good, I mean at least she is occuppied doing and learning something good.

Despite my boy is still taking his afternoon nap till now, but most of the time when he is not sleeping, he will be doing nothing except running or jumping here and there at my PIL's house.

Except for weekends when I'm not working, I'll make sure he do 'something' else.

Cl said...

all of your girls are versatile sleepers... so far, no matter how tired my kids, they just wont sleep like your girls.. at times, they are super hyper some more... faint!!

Ann said...

I WISH my kids would fall asleep that quickly as well. GOod that even without a nap they dont get too grouchy.