Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, April 8, 2011

That Rattan School Bag I Will Never Forget

During my time when I was a primary school girl, my mum bought me a rectangular shaped open rattan school bag, which looked like a picnic bag. I hated that bag as I thought it looked so hideous while my friends had nicer covered school bags. But my mum did not buy me those school backpacks, which were very costly 3 decades ago. I had to carry that hideous rectangular shaped bag for a few years which gradually turned crocked and slanted to one side over the years. Some of the rattan strips even jutted out of its place, which made the bag look really beat up. Oh how I hated that rattan bag! I will never ever forget that rattan school bag LOL! Now, Alycia gets to change her school bag at least once or twice a year! Kids these days are so lucky, aren’t they?

2 comments:

Yannie said...

I also used the rattan school bag when I was small. I miss those rattan bags, because it is so hard to get it now.

mott said...

yea..I used to have one as well. I kinda liked it. Was pretty cool, to just grab ur drink bottle, whenever u wanted, without having to open the bag. The only bad part was that when it rains, everything gets wet.

It is hard to find them..but I know ipoh sure has them.. :)