Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Monday, 4 June 2018

The weather for the past few days has been exceptionally hot and clammy. Shortly after  my shower, if I have to move around the house to do stuff like hanging or keeping the laundry at the balcony, I would be drenched in sweat again, which means making another trip to the bathroom for a shower!  I keep asking the girls if they are hot or is it only me who is having hot flushes all day long. My concern is whether I am going through perimenopause with hot flushes!  But my girls would always assure me that they feel the heat too and are sweating bullets 😅

On a sunny morning today, after dropping Drama Queen at the tuition centre, the hubs and I popped by at  my friend's newly opened kopitiam at Taman Desa.

The menu is pretty extensive and impressive for a small kopitiam barely a week old.  I have always have faith in my ambitious and capable friend, Cynthia, who is the owner of the kopitiam, with help from her brother, who is the cook.

The hubs ordered chicken curry noodles while I ordered my all-time favorite comfort food, pork vermicelli topped with a poached egg.


The chicken curry was so good that the hubs ordered a bowl of chicken curry as side. The fried wanton was super crispy and addictive. I only remembered to snap a picture of the wanton when it was about to be scarfed down by Drama Queen, who joined us later.


The milk tea was prepped to my prefection ~ less sweet and extra milky.




I will definitely be back at the kopitiam to try other items on the menu.

Congrats on the opening of your kopitiam, Cynthia.  Brick by brick, you have built an enviable new shop. I pray that year after year, you get more and more prosperous.  I am so proud of you my dear!

Kuen You is located at Taman Danau Desa, opposite 99 Speedmart and 2 shops away from Watsons. For those at Taman Desa and nearby areas, do drop by the kopitiam. The prices are very wallet-friendly.


No comments: