Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Bag Of SURPRISE from Alycia's School

A week before the school holidays started, Alycia gave me a shock when she brought home a heavy bag of curtains from school! Her teacher had asked her to bring the dirty curtains home for a spin in the washing machine! Oh my, what a big pack of end-of-school term surprise her teacher had given me! Her school involves all the students in the cleaning up of the school. Each student has to bring his/her own cloth to wipe the windows every week. Students are also compelled to bring old newspapers to the school for their recycling project. Now, they even rope in the kids to bring home the curtains for a wash LOL! This is the first time in my life that I have seen a school getting the pupils to bring home curtains for cleaning. Well, I think this is better than hanging a dust-covered dirty curtain in the classroom eh?

3 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

gosh, i've never heard anything like this before. guess you cannot say no huh? hahahhahahhaa

MeRy said...

the school really good lol...everything ask the students to clean.

Anonymous said...

Last time I was asked to bring home some netball attire for the team for washing.