Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My Soon-To-Be 12-Year Old Alycia

What makes the big girl happiest?

Novels, lots of them. And I think she intends to fill every walking space in her bedroom with novels!

Ice-creams

Chocolates

Oreos

iPod / iPad / iPhone.  To me, these iGadgets make one idiotic when one spends too much time on them. And this is what the big girl is doing right now since her major exam is over now and she has no more homework to do until next January when she starts junior high school.

This is her daily indulgence now - her favorite Sunnyside Farms chocolate mint ice-cream on cone and a book.




I can get her to do ANYTHING when she's at the book store!  The book store is her enchanted fantasy island!




And these are the kind of books that this girl likes o_O





I am truly stunned that my soon-to-be 12-year old girl loves reading novels on psychotic magicians, ghosts and ghouls, mysteries, spells, ancient Egyptian gods, after life and things that will never happen in the world that we are living in!

Do you have a pre-teen girl who loves reading Rick Riordan and Michael Northrop's novels as well?


6 comments:

ykristen said...

My daughter is an ardent reader too, would b great to swap books once they r done then mummy can save some money, ha ha. Do pm if u r keen

Inspiredmomx1 said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I trust my boy will love those titles too. My boy is now into reading Percy Jackson's novels, trust Alycia will love it too! :)

Inspiredmomx1 said...

Hey, just spotted Percy Jackson's name in the pic! LOL...

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Kristen
I dont mind swapping books but I can only do so after Cass the littlest one has finished reading all her che ches' loot. Right now, I've got a bunch of books for pre-schoolers. I dont mind swapping or selling them though ;)

Hi Wai Mann, I was having a tough time searching for the name Percy Jackson on the 3 books too! lol! Your boy and Alycia would hit it off well, I'll bet!

ykristen said...

Daughter read rick riodan*s olympus series, pretty good, give it a try.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Kristen.. I'll let Alycia know. I still owe her many books. Each A she gets in her exam = 1 book. She'll be happy to know that her mummy's blog reader recommended another Rick Riodan's series to her :D