Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, July 26, 2018

Wednesday, 25 July 2018

Today is shopping hump day! I really needed to de-stress after a stressful week revising with a vomit-blood inducing kid for her exam.

My main intention of going to the mall is to shop for a gift for Cass' classmate.  Cass has been invited to attend a bowling birthday party this Saturday at a private golf club. And only 3 friends will be at the party, including the party girl 😁  It's an exclusive invitation for the 3 besties.  I'm really glad that Cass has two classmates who have been her besties since last year.  Sadly, the two girls will be leaving the current school for international schools next year. I wonder if this is one of the reasons why Cass has lost her mojo to study since last year when she found out that these 2 friends will be leaving.  It's like Cass has lost her meaning to remain in this class as her 2 besties will no longer be there next year 😥 I know how she feels as I had gone through this when I was 13 years old when one of my best friends, YY had to leave MGS Ipoh for KL when her dad who was a bank manager then, got transferred.  But YY and I remained good friends for many years, communicating via snail mail and later emails. YY was at my wedding 14 years later and  I was YY's bridesmaid when she got married.  We are still friends till today but only on Facebook, though she's been really silent and rarely updates her Facebook page. I must take the bold step to send her a message one of these days just to find out how she's doing now.

After shopping, I wanted to have lunch at Pho Viet but my Handy Girl (think I will change her blog name from Drama Queen to Handy Girl!) begged me to go to Nana's Green Tea instead.  Guess what's attracting her to Nana's Green Tea?

The Matcha Latte is the bomb!  Nana's Matcha Latte is the top drawer and this girl claims that it even beats those that she's tried in Hong Kong hands down.



While waiting for her crazy mum to shop, my Handy Girl did her homework at Nana's Green Tea while enjoying her lunch and Matcha Latte. What a luxurious life for a 13-year old huh?



Fruit box of the day for the girls today : organic tomatoes, sweet cherries bought from Aeon Supermarket, blush pears and avocado for Cass.  Alycia and Handy Girl had avo sandwich in the morning.

As some parts of the UK face one of the hottest summers on record, we in Malaysia are also experiencing billy boiling temperatures soaring above 30C and basking in perpetual heat wave.  But spare a thought for Japan, where temperatures have hit a staggering 41.1C in Kumgaya, northwest of Tokyo, a new record.

Weather in KL today ~ 32C but really feels like 38C:





No comments: