Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, December 30, 2018

Feasting Spree

On the day that we returned to KL from Ipoh on Christmas day, we were too tired and lazy to go out for dinner. We finished off the doggy-bagged braised sea cucumber with fish maw and mushrooms from the restaurant in Ipoh and went to bed early.  For the first time in many years, we had leftover food at home for dinner on Christmas!  Our Christmas in previous years were spent at hubby's aunt's house where she would cook up a very English Christmas dinner with food so much that everyone could doggy-bag  home some roast turkey, pigs in blankets, minced pies and ham.

On Boxing day, we had dinner with our usual group of Ipoh besties and their kids at OUG Jade Plaza Restaurant.  Sorry, no photos to share. I have so many photos on food that we ate since 21 December that I doubt I have the time to post them all in my blogs. I'm now down with a bad throat and lost my voice! All I want to do right now on a Sunday (which is hubby's birthday!) is to plonk myself on my bed and loose myself in lalaland till 8 am tomorrow. I have 2 more days to catch up on my beauty sleep before the sleep debt piles up again on 2 January 2019, which is the first day of school. 

On 27 December, we had dinner at Ming Room @ Bangsar Shopping Complex with hubby's relatives.  The next day, my parents came from Ipoh. We had Korean for dinner.  On 29 December morning, we went to ICC Pudu for breakfast at the huge food court before adjourning to Tommy Le Baker for the most expensive (and yummy!) sour dough bread in KL.  We had a sumptuous dinner at Pik Wah Restaurant (MABA House).  And today we had a heavy brunch of Dim Sum at Oriental Treasure @ Bangsar South before my parents took the ETS back to Ipoh. My parents made a trip to KL just to celebrate hubby's 47th birthday with him.

My daily exercise regimen has been on a hiatus throughout the school holidays the past 5 weeks. But yet I did not gain a pound despite all the pigging out.  How did I do it?  Household chores, reducing food portion and sticking to low-carb foods!  Pretty simple.  😊

Our lunch on Christmas day at Mont Kiara, upon return from Ipoh:




Our dinner at Ming Room @ Bangsar Shopping Centre on 27 December 2018:

Milky double-boiled soup with fish maw, Chinese cabbage and a bunch of other dried seafood, which makes this soup lip-smacking. This soup is a winner!



Steamed Soon Hock fish with wood fungus and dried tofu sheets.




Suckling pig. Never my favorite though.



This refreshing chilled 7-Up with lime juice comes with the suckling pig to help negate the cloy effect after chomping down the fatty pig.



Fried butter prawns and deep fried chicken with minced fried garlic.

More foodie photos coming up soon... 😉




No comments: