Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, October 4, 2019

Friday, 4 October 2019

Cass' final exam is finally over today, YAY!! 😅 NO more exams for her for this year until next year. Next year will be a tough year for all 3 girls as it's the year of their major exams!!

Tomorrow Cass will be going on a field trip organized by her school and it will be her maiden school trip. For years she's been badgering me to allow her to go on a school trip but I've been very hesitant due to her bladder issues. She needs to go to the bathroom frequently and it would be very bothersome in a school trip with hundreds of kids.  Since this field trip is within the Klang Valley and held indoors and her class teacher has kindly volunteered to put Cass in her group, I've consented to her participation, albeit reluctantly.  But I'll be worrying myself silly the entire day and can't wait for her to return in the evening.

Today Cass and I spent hours on end searching for her mobile phone which I've hidden several weeks back before her exam and we've still not located the phone yet. We can't do a Find My Device search as the phone's battery is dead and I've not reloaded the data yet.  This is not the first time that I've to play hide-and-seek with the electronic devices at home. That brat sometimes drives me hysterical, to the point that I almost want to strangle her and kick her out of the house.  Can you imagine me telling her to look for the hidden phone at all my hiding spots? The problem is I don't hide stuff in the same spot again after she finds them. I hide the stuff at new spots and with all the busyness and madness in my life, I sometimes forget where I hide them!!    Thank goodness grandma has agreed to lend her phone to Cass for the field trip tomorrow 😍

Here's something colorful that I cooked for the girls on one of the week days just before the mil's return from New Zealand ~ healthy Zha Jiang Mian with chives, raw carrots and cucumbers.










I used colorful somen imported from Japan. These noodles are naturally colored using different root vegetables and fruits.  The girls love it and it only takes 2 minutes to blanch the noodles.




I sliced up 2 organic kyuri and one large organic carrot using a mandoline.  These raw julienned cucumbers and carrots are added generously on the noodles, adding crunch, sweetness, juice and texture to the noodles and minced meat.




My Chinese salad, sans the noodles! Love the refreshing rawsome freshness of the vegetables on the minced pork cooked with chives.







I also gave a bowl of noodles to Cass' Mandarin tutor as she was here during dinner time.



Organic minced pork cooked with organic miso, shallots, garlic, Lakanto sugar and a dollop of organic black soy sauce.




No comments: