Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, October 17, 2019

Goodbye, My Beloved Longines

My 18-year old Longines watch died on me recently.  I got my Longines when I was in my corporate suits and needed a 'corporate watch'. Her price tag was about RM3,000 then and is now selling at USD1,290 (appr. RM5,394) in Amazon.  Until today, the facade of my Longines still looks brand new and sparkly, though she's been subjected to umpteen bangs, knocks, scratches, free falls and rain water.  Only the gasket inside is damaged.  Over the last 18 years, I must have spent a few thousand Ringgit just on batteries. Each battery costs about RM100, lasts for over a year only and can only be purchased from a luxury watch shop at Mid Valley Megamall.

When it finally stopped working, I was devastated. It would cost a few hundred Ringgit to get it fixed. Now that I'm no longer in the corporate world, I don't need a 'corporate watch'.  I'm good with just my red FitBit but I wanted something more elegant looking.  I have not decided if I should get the watch fixed.  But I'll definitely be keeping it forever.








I went on a watch shopping spree last Wednesday but almost all the watch shops at Mid Valley Megamall are luxury watch shops. Only Swatch carries 'affordable' watches. I'm not really a fan of Swatch watches but my girls are. I find the straps too plastic-ky and kiddy. The only advantage of owning a Swatch is that you'll get free replacement batteries for life. Warranty is two years only for the strap and internal parts.

After window shopping at four luxury watch shops and disappointed that none of the watches meet my measly budget of below RM400, I went back to Swatch to have another round of intense hunt for my dream watch. And then I saw this statement jewelry watch (RM340, yay meets my budget!) and I knew I had to get it.



She looks elegant with the bling bling pink and blue stones but I find it hard to put her on my wrist.  The moment I brought her into my room and tried to put her onto my wrist, she slipped from my butter fingers and BANG it fell onto the floor so HARD!!  My heart must have dropped along with her onto the floor. But thank God she survived the fall and none of the stones got yanked off.  That's one of the edges of getting a Swiss-made watch. You'll get quality product.

I had to have 6 frigging rings removed from my bling bling Swatch to fit into my skinny wrist.  4 of the rings were removed last Wednesday and when I found that she was still hanging too loosely on my wrist, I went back to the shop this week to have another 2 rings removed. Now my bling bling Swatch sits nicely on my wrist. 💓




Please be good my dear bling bling Swatch. I hope you'll keep me company for the next 18 years just like your half sis, Longines 😬

No comments: