Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Lockdown Tales

The prolonged lockdown has turned Sherilyn into an accidental baker and chef and now - hair stylist.  Alycia has been complaining that it’s been super hot lately and her hair is bothering her.   As hair salons are still closed in the Klang Valley and our area is a red zone, Sherilyn offered to cut Alycia's hair.   While Alycia did not have confidence in Sherilyn initially, I convinced Alycia that I was very confident that her sister will do a great job as I was really satisfied with Sherilyn when she cut my hair last year during MCO 1.0.

Alycia agreed. She just wanted her shoulder length hair snipped off and didn't have the patience to wait for hair salons to be reopened.  Our country recorded a record-breaking high of 22,242 Covid cases today - 18 August 2021. It's getting from bad to worse.

It’s not easy to cut Alycia’s thick hair with the limited apparatus that we have, which is a pair of decades-old scissors meant for cutting baby hair and a hair clip.  Instead of the usual 15-20 minutes job done by a professional hair stylist, Sherilyn spent 1.5 hours standing inside the shower stall meticulously and patiently snipping her persnickety older sister’s thick hair with lots of huffing and puffing coming from Alycia, followed by hysterical laughter and shrieks inside the bathroom.  

I am beyond impressed with the outcome – Alycia has a 99% straight and perfect bob hair cut!! I gave Sherilyn a RM5 tip ðŸ¤­.

Impressed with Alycia's haircut, the mil and the girls’ grand aunt living a few units below ours  (both are equally finicky on their hair stylists) now wants Sherilyn’s service too! 

Sorry I have no photos to share. I actually stole the pix of them in the shower stall and when they realized it, locked me out of the room.  When they found out that I posted the blurred out images of them on social media, they protested vehemently and screamed blue murder, demanding that I removed the post instantly and even threatened to sue their mother, not realizing that it is their mother who is also their banker.  ðŸ¤¬

See la. Really 'char siu' daughters I have.  I also bemoan to them all the time that I have 3 ungrateful 'char siu' girls. I pray that they will grow up to be filial and loving daughters and not burnt 'char siu' that I have to discard.

That's the reason why at this age, it's best to have a pet at home. I can channel my love to Haru and she even knows how to reciprocate my love.  Now I see why most of my friends who are my age have several dogs and cats at home. Because their 'char siu' just don't know how to reciprocate love ðŸ˜”

OK, nuff of ranting.  I'm stepping off the soapbox.


 

Missing Haru's baby face so much!

Our lockdown kitten. We fostered her during the lockdown early this year and one of the best things that we've done.



No comments: