Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Klang's Famous Regent Pandan Layer Cake


I've always wanted to try the much raved about pandan layer cake from Regent Pandan Layer Cake in Klang.  There are so many resellers on Facebook selling this cake, which comes in pandan, yam, pandan + corn, durian and corn flavors.  I've always wanted to get the pandan and yam flavors to try. 

A friend of mine who lives in Singapore even organized a group buy with some friends and got the cake shop to transport the cakes to Singapore on a refrigerated truck, just to satiate their cravings!

I've seen many of my friends raved about this cake on their socials, which makes me drool even more. 

Yesterday must have been my lucky day. Hubs brought home two boxes of Regent pandan layer cakes!  His friend who's a famous Chinese food blogger traveled all the way to Klang to get hold of the layer cakes and got us some too. Woohoo, I was tickled pink!    

Any form of pleasant surprise sprang on us during this dreaded lockdown would make me happy.  Hubs likes to gives us surprises, all in the form of food and desserts.  I'm waiting for the day that he springs a bigger surprise on us by telling us that he has struck the lottery or 4D 😁



Our verdict?

The cake's deliciousness has been overrated.  No doubt the pandan layer cake is nice but I had expected it to have a stronger aroma of santan and pandan, the kind that would make me melt and say "so yummmmmmmy!" and then drift to dessert heaven.   I was a tad disappointed.

The pandan layer cake from RT Pastry House, a bakery at our hood, sells a similar looking pandan layer cake, which we have been eating for almost a decade.  It's our family's all-time favorite cake.   We find that RT Pastry House's pandan layer cake has a stronger santan and pandan aroma. And it's cheaper than Regent Pandan Layer Cake.

Our conclusion?

We're just stick to RT Pastry House's pandan layer cake.  I can get the pandan layer cake to satiate our craving at any time and don't have to cause a dent in our wallet on the delivery fee.







No comments: