Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, December 6, 2021

6 December 2021 ~ Random Updates

Sorry for the lack of updates in this blog. As usual, I've been swamped with work from every aspect of my life.  At times I really wish that I still have a full-time job working from the office so that someone else will be in charge of house chores and everything else at home.   I feel so overwhelmed with work and so sleep-deprived!  

I want a vacation!! 

But I guess that a vacation is only possible in my dreams now. With the emergence of Omnicron and the Covid situation not getting any better, a vacation would have to wait. 😓

So, back to my updates on what's happening in our home!

Alycia didn't pass her trial driving test last week.  She had a sudden mental block during the trial parking test and forgot how to do the side parking! 😂  And this was what exactly happened to me 31 years ago when I was 17!  Talk about coincidence and history repeating!

With only 4 lessons (accumulated 16 hours of lessons), I honestly don't think that it's enough for someone to sit for a driving test.  Therefore, I am paying the driving school for another 2 hours of on the road and parking lessons before her next trial driving test on 30th December.  I'll also need to sacrifice an hour of my Sunday over several weekends to coach the girl in the car.  

Haru's appetite has been super ravenous after a full recovery from her spay surgery recently. She now demands food four times a day. So I give her half a packet of wet cat food four times a day and mix it with quite a bit of water to increase her water intake.  She doesn't drink water from a water bowl or pet water bottle.   

I've read that after spaying a female cat, we can expect to see a calmer, quieter as well as gentler overall disposition in our cat to an increased desire for food. While there's much truth in the last point, we don't see a calmer, quieter and calmer Haru 😁.  Instead, she's getting more daring and invasive and likes jumping onto Cass' bed (which she shares with her grandma!) and hides under her blanket, jumps on our dining table whenever she's hungry as well as likes to sneak out to the kitchen balcony to sit on the super narrow ledge to observe the view and gives us heart attacks!


Treats purchased from Shopee for Haru d tigress to satiate her ravenous appetite and bottomless pit.


No comments: