Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Sunday, 23 April 2023

Nothing brings our family closer than sharing a delicious meal together. Last Sunday I spent some quality time with my three girls over lunch at our favorite Korean restaurant, Kimchitiam.  Just the four of us as hubs was in Kota Kinabalu.  These days, it's hard for me to have a decent meal together with the three girls as they each have their own activities every day.



I ordered a meat-free bibimbap, a Korean rice bowl topped with a variety of colorful vegetables, a fried egg, and served with gochujang sauce. The dish was served hot and steaming in a clay pot, with the ingredients beautifully arranged on top of a bed of fluffy white rice. The combination of flavors and textures was truly outstanding, and my favorite part of the dish besides the veggies is the crispy rice at the bottom of the clay pot.

My meat-free Bibimbap, delish nonetheless.  I'm now on a Flexitarian Diet and eat mostly veggies and eggs on a daily basis. On days that I eat meat, the meat is either chicken breast, lean pork, or fish.

Sherilyn ordered marinated bbq pork, a dish that never fails to satisfy our taste buds. The meat was tender and succulent, with a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors. The pork bbq slices were already cooked for us and they were accompanied by a huge basket of fresh lettuce.


Alycia ordered her favorite stew soy pork, a hearty and comforting dish. The broth was rich and flavorful, with tender chunks of pork, big onions and vegetables simmering within. She always orders this dish whenever we dine at Kimchitiam.



Cass ordered beef bulgogi soup, a Korean dish that features thinly sliced beef marinated in a sweet and savory sauce and cooked in a beef broth with various vegetables. The word "bulgogi" means "fire meat" in Korean, and it is typically made by grilling or stir-frying the beef. In the case of beef bulgogi soup, the beef is simmered in a soup base that is made from beef bones, radish, onion, garlic, and other seasonings. 



After leaving a review on Google, we got a 10% discount off the total bill, which came up to almost RM100.  We of course left a good review as we’ve always enjoyed our meals at Kimchitiam, except for one isolated case in January this year where I chewed on some sand in the spinach appetizer. That meal made me a few hundred Ringgit poorer as I had to get my teeth fixed at the dentist.  I informed the owner, who’s a Korean dude and he promised to give me a free meal on my next visit.  But when we were there on Sunday, the owner wasn’t at the restaurant.  

We really enjoyed our Korean lunch. It was a simple, quiet but happy Sunday for us, and we felt recharged and content after our time together. We left with full stomachs and happy hearts, already looking forward to our next visit.


Back home, Cass made mango lassi for everyone. It was simply refreshing and yummy!  She used Farmer's Union Greek-style yogurt, which gives the mango lassi a very creamy texture. It's also very smooth as she blitzed the mango + yogurt three times in the Blendtec blender.


4 comments:

Alvin said...

Hi Shireen, pardon me, but I noticed that you've disabled visitors of your main webpage from commenting on your posts, may I know why?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Alvin,
Hey thanks for informing me. I've just checked the settings again and I do not see any prohibition on readers commenting. I did some other adjustments on the privacy setting. Could you try again please? Really appreciate your notifying me :)

Unknown said...

Wow, food looks yummy and lucky you got some discount after giving a good review! Go again and make sure the boss is there so you could get a free meal as compensation for the tooth damage after biting on the sand in the salad.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Yes, we'll definitely be at the restaurant again :)