Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, April 7, 2023

Thursday, 6 April 2023

Cass told me yesterday that she won't be needing dinner today as Thursday is her CoCo Day (co-curricular) and she will reach home late, at around 6pm.  The society that she's in will be having a party in the afternoon.

But when she came home today, she told me that the party was cancelled and she needed dinner.  But there was no food prepared for her!

Fortunately my stock of homemade Taiwanese dumplings (kau ji) had just been restocked.  The Taiwanese lady who makes them had just returned to KL from Taiwan and I ordered 10 packs from her.  Her dumplings are the BEST in the world and everyone at home simply hearts these gems. 

I quickly boiled the dumplings with a sachet of vegetable stock from Melaleuca and added veggies and eggs and now our ravenous girl has a big bowl of balanced meal for dinner.  

And fortunately, I marinated some Beacon chicken drummets yesterday, so I could also air-fry some for this hangry girl.



Today is another meat-free day for me and I am loving it and feeling great!

My lunch of fried meehoon with torched ginger flower, with lots of different types of veggies from my favorite vegetarian stall.  The food sold here is cheap and this big pack of vegetarian food only costs RM7.50 and filled me up the whole day.


Gingko nuts, lotus seeds, pumpkin, celery, Chinese cabbage, carrots, braised bitter gourd, broccoli, cauliflower, curry veggies and a fried wallet egg. This is SO yummy. 



My nuts purchased from Ketogenius on Lazada arrived yesterday. This time I bought from another seller and tried their peanuts, Brazil nuts and hazelnuts. The nuts are slow-roasted without any oil, salt or sugar. 



No comments: