Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, April 14, 2023

My Life In Photos This Week

As Alycia's last night at her grandparents' house in Ipoh approached, my parents decided to treat her to a special dinner at a Korean restaurant.  It was my parents' first time dining in a Korean restaurant in Ipoh as they usually dine at Chinese eateries.  

Alycia Googled Korean restaurants near my parents' house and found Seoul Maru Korean BBQ restaurant.  Alycia is a big fan of Korean food, and my parents knew that this would be a perfect way to end her visit on a high note.




Alycia ordered mostly non-spicy food as my mom can't stomach spicy food.  The ginseng chicken is specially ordered for Mom.





The food at Seoul Maru was delicious, the atmosphere was welcoming, and the memories that my parents created with their eldest granddaughter will be cherished for years to come.

A father's love for his children is unconditional, and it never fades away. Such is the love of my papa, who always goes the extra mile to make his children happy. 

He knows that I've been craving ground peanut cookies (aka Kacang Tumbuk) and he went to the confectionery to get them for me before sending Alycia to the train station. He always puts his family's needs before his own and never hesitates to go out of his way to make us happy.

During our growing-up years, papa was as fierce as a tyrant and he mellowed down considerably after my brothers and I left our nest.  Distance does make the heart grow fonder, eh? And age has mellowed him down too.


My favorite ground peanut cookie.


Alycia at the Ipoh train station to catch the ETS back to KL after spending a week in Ipoh at my parents.

While Alycia and her grandparents were enjoying a Korean dinner in Ipoh, we had a second round of Haidilao hotpot for dinner at home! We doggy-bagged quite a bit of leftover soup base along with several plates of unfinished food from Haidilao on Saturday when we were there to celebrate Cass' birthday.


I added lots of radishes, carrots, veggies, Beacon seaweed chicken wanton, crab balls, foo pei, mushrooms, and spinach konjac noodles into our hotpot.  

Our Wednesday brunch - yummy Ipoh Hor Hee, fried turnip cakes, and fried foo pei from Ipoh Sedap


2 comments:

Chris said...

I love that exact same cookies; bought a box of them recently in Pg. I must try the Ipoh version one day. Flew them back here, sadly most crumbled but still enjoyable sprinkled over ice cream!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Chris
According to my dad, the ground peanut cookies that he bought for me are made in Teluk Intan. The ones made in Penang are very good too. Recently a good friend from Penang gave me a packet and that was how I got hooked on these cookies :P
I hope you enjoyed your recent stay in M'sia :)