Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, November 19, 2023

Saturday, 18 November 2023

Cass asked if I could bring her to Mid Valley Megamall. As her week-long holiday is coming to an end and school will resume on Monday, I agreed, even though I had nothing to buy. I bought almost everything that I needed during the 11.11 Sale last week.  

I thought that this girl would be done with her window shopping in just a couple of hours but I was so wrong. She didn't want to go home and we spent 6 frigging hours in the mall!  With nothing to buy, I still ended up a few hundred Ringgit poorer. I bought hubby's Christmas and birthday present.  His birthday is just a few days after Chrismas, so I got him a present for both occasions 😆

I wasn't even hungry but got myself a boba tea from Tealive and a bunch of buns from Barcook, our favorite bakery, for the girls.  Sherilyn worked part-time at Barcook for half a year after her SPM exam this year. The perks are pretty attractive but she told me that it's stressful working as a cashier as she hardly had time for breaks. The bakery is perpetually swamped with customers.

To wait for Cass, I spent three hours at Jaya Grocer, pushing the cart round and round all the aisles, and ended up with a bunch of things that I didn't really need.


A bunch of rather healthy foodstuff - matcha green tea bags, radish kimchi, Benns 99.9% dark chocolate, triple-washed salad, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, blueberries, and so-called healthy popcorn (non-GMO).  I also took a few punnets of antibiotic-free chicken thighs but when Cass told me that she needed 2 more hours, I put the chicken meat back in the chiller. I told Cass to hurry up coz the longer I spent at the supermarket, the more stuff would end up inside the trolley!

I also found a pair of Nike shoes from JD that are SO comfy on my feet!  



The Nike Free RN NN Women's Road Running Shoes (RM439) are made from sustainable materials. The flexible, super light, and barefoot feel makes me feel like I'm just wearing socks! Such a joy to walk and run in them. But hubby got me a new pair of Nike running shoes just last week. I guess I'll only bring this baby home next year and hopefully, the price will drop!


4 comments:

Chris said...

I have to tell you when all of us were in KL in Oct,we were at JD and everyone bought runners there, including my grandson. Such a great deal and good service.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Wow, Chris, you have a grandson already! How old is he? I'm sure you guys had a great time traveling together as a family. I like to shop at JD too, as they have many new arrival designs.

Chris said...

We had an early #2 bday for him while in KL with all the relatives. Hv to mention Marco restaurant which is right close to the mall entrance of One World Hotel. Amazing food, lunch specials are a great deal but you must have the soufflé. It needs 30 mins prep time so order when you sit down. I had the chocolate one which I have to say rivals the one on Disney cruise. However, I was told they have matcha flavour which I would much prefer.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Kids are the cutest when they are toddlers. I miss my girls when they were at that age. He's a lucky boy as he got to travel overseas at only 2! It's not easy to travel with a toddler on long-haul flights.