Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Tuesday, 21 November 2023

Hubby hadn't eaten his lunch yet and Whatsapped me to join him for grocery shopping and then for lunch. He needed to stock up for some upcoming events. I was having brunch at home when he called and later drove to the supermarket to meet him. 

After we were done shopping, we went to LDG for lunch.  He has been craving steak for a long time but each time he suggested steak, I declined his suggestion as I preferred something light and easy for  my digestion. Moreover, I am now cutting down on red meat due to Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (genetic high cholesterol).  FH is an inherited condition characterized by higher-than-normal levels of blood cholesterol. I only eat red meat once or twice a week.  For the rest of the days, I usually eat eggs, chicken breast, and fish, prioritizing plant-based foods but avoiding soy products.


Hubby's steak was cooked to a tee. Superb taste and texture. I love the side of mashed potato with cheese and mayo.




After lunch, I rushed home to prep lunner for Cass, who would be coming back from school soon.

I cooked steamed herbal chicken drumsticks.  Cass loved it and ate three drumsticks.
This recipe is simple and mess-free.
The drumsticks are seasoned with soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, chopped garlic, some Chinese herbs, red dates, and wolfberries. Place everything in two pieces of baking paper and wrap well. Then steam in medium heat for 40 minutes. The result is chicken meat that's really juicy and succulent.

* Herbs used - Yu zhu (Soloman’s seal), dang gui (Chinese angelica), hong zao (dried red dates), gei qi (Chinese wolfberry) and dang shen (Codonopsis root).





No comments: