Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Haru My Therapy Cat

I thought my days of hiding in the wet kitchen to eat junk food and ice creams were way behind me as I would never have any more babies. But ever since our Pandemic Cat came into our lives almost 3 years ago, I have had to start hiding in the wet kitchen to eat certain foods again, as silent as a mouse, lest this cat with bionic ears hears me.  

But alas, I can never hide from this super cat with bionic ears and nose. No matter how hard I try to hide from her and how quietly I eat my chicken, cakes, breads, and paus, this wai sake mau (greedy cat) will always find out, even though she's deep in her sleep, or so I thought.  She then nonchalantly catwalks into the wet kitchen as stealthily as a ninja and then gives me a shock by scratching her claws on the metal kitchen door or brushing her tail against my leg, as if to chide me for hiding from her when I eat her favorite food 😅

The reason why I have to hide from Haru whenever I eat certain foods is because Haru has very sensitive guts. She cannot overeat and is allergic to grains. She will be down with diarrhea and vomiting if I overfed her. 

After almost 3 years, Haru still loves crawling into plastic bags, paper bags, and small cardboard boxes, contorting her body inside, and thinking that no one can see her.


Haru meets a veggie worm for the first time. The worm is from my organic spinach.


No comments: