Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, November 6, 2023

Saturday, 4 November 2023

Today is the first day of Cass' JUEC exam. She left the house before 7 a.m. and only returned at 5.30 p.m. It's been a long and tiring day for her. But she got a treat of a nice little dinner at Red Kettle, our favorite cafe. 

Tomorrow (Sunday) will be another long day for her at school as she gets to the grip of Day 2 of the exam.  It's also going to be a taxing day for me as I need to send Cass to school before 7am, fetch her back, and send Alycia to work in the morning.  This week is a no-rest day for me 😓


Grilled chicken salad for Cass. 



Double cheese pork burger for Sherilyn and me. 


Pan-fried seabass for hubby


Chicken chop for everyone


Carbonara for Alycia


Best-in-the-world Portuguese egg tart @ RM5.90 each from Red Kettle. First, we ordered one, then added another and when hubby joined us for dinner later, he ordered another one! I told hubby that he could buy 8 of these tarts for my birthday next year instead of a birthday cake 😁


This Char Koay Teow that I tapau-ed in the morning cost me a frigging RM11.50!!!  It has no prawns, no lard, and no cockles. I even brought my own container to take away.  And it's from our regular CKT seller.  I think she overcharged me for this CKT, which is composed of only noodles, bean sprouts, fish cakes, and an egg. 

Even economy noodles with add-ons like a sunny side up, spam, curry veggies, and fish cakes won't cost this much.

When I asked her if she had increased the price, she wasn't too happy about it. That's it, I'm going to another CKT stall in the future as there are 2 other CKT stalls in our neighborhood that don't overcharge, and their CKT tastes almost the same!


No comments: