Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, March 9, 2024

A Delicious Surprise From Croisserie Artisan Bakery

There's something truly special about surprises, especially when they come in the form of delectable treats from your loved one or a friend. Today, I had the pleasure of experiencing one such delightful surprise from my hubby, and let me tell you, it was a moment of pure culinary bliss.

As I went about my day, my phone rang, and to my delight, it was my husband on the line, asking me to go to the lobby for a surprise. Now, I must admit, I'm a sucker for surprises, particularly when they involve food. True to form, my hubby never fails to deliver when it comes to satisfying our taste buds with delectable snacks and goodies.




This time, it was a box filled with an assortment of handmade European pastries, along with a tantalizing salmon quiche and freshly baked sourdough bread from Croisserie Artisan Bakery.  This is not the first time that he surprised us with pastries from Croisserie, one of his favorite bakeries.

A loaf of fresh-from-the-oven and still warm sourdough bread, on the right.


There's something undeniably alluring about handmade pastries, crafted with care and attention to detail. Each pastry looked like a work of art, perfectly golden and inviting. I sampled every piece (just a quarter from each piece), despite the looming threat of elevated cholesterol levels. In fact, I could already feel my cholesterol level shooting up just by smelling the pastries 😂


Smoked salmon and spinach quiche.


From flaky croissants to chocolate tart, macadamia tart, and quiche, each pastry was a symphony of flavors and textures made with quality ingredients. And let's not forget the pi̬ce de r̩sistance Рthe salmon quiche, with its creamy filling and buttery crust, was a savory delight that left me craving more.

But perhaps the true star of the show was the poppy seeds bun filled with thick pieces of quality butter and red bean paste, something that’s both unique, not too sweet, and delicious.  We liked the freshly sourdough bread too, with a crispy crust and soft, chewy, and slightly sour interior. The sourdough bread was still warm when we sliced it.



Poppy seeds bun sandwiched with thick wedges of quality butter and red bean paste.


No comments: