Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Reflecting on Another Year: A Low-Key Birthday Celebration

As I celebrated my 51st birthday on 29 March 2024, it was a day filled with quiet moments of joy, gratitude, and heartfelt surprises. This year, my birthday celebration took on a low-key tone, but the love and warmth shared with my family made it truly special.

The day began with a simple yet delightful birthday lunch with hubby at a cozy Japanese restaurant. Little did I know that a sweet surprise awaited me at the end of our meal—a birthday cake presented by the restaurant staff, complete with a rendition of the "Happy Birthday" song accompanied by guitar music. It was a heartwarming moment that filled me with happiness and gratitude, albeit feeling a tad embarrassed at the same time with the loud fanfare and all eyes on our table 😅

Later in the evening,  I was greeted by Sherilyn, who had returned from her part-time job at the café. To my surprise, she had brought along three slices of cake to mark the occasion. With Sherilyn and our beloved pet cat Haru by my side, we shared a cake-cutting moment. Missing from the cake-cutting session was Alycia who was in Hong Kong and Cass who had to rush to the skating rink to beat the after-work traffic jam for figure-skating class.

My three daughters gave me a surprise birthday present a week before my birthday —a Christian Dior lip gloss, a luxurious indulgence that caught me off guard. It turns out that Sherilyn had shared my latest obsession with glossy lips with Alycia, who promptly took it upon herself to find the perfect gift at the mall after class one day. The gesture touched my heart deeply, reminding me of the thoughtful bond we share as a family. This is by far the most expensive gift that the girls have given me.

I super love this Dior lip gloss. The color suits me perfectly and I love the cool minty feel on my lips after application.



As I reflect on another year gone by, my greatest wish remains unchanged: good health and happiness for myself and my loved ones. With each passing year, I am reminded of life's precious blessings and the importance of treasuring every moment spent with those we hold dear. I am grateful to God for another year of life.  Here's to another year of growth, laughter, and cherished memories. Cheers to the journey ahead!








Chocolate lava cake with ice-cream from the Japanese restaurant.

With my middle child and fur baby. Photo taken by Maria, our part-time helper.


4 comments:

Chris said...

Happy Birthday! Looked like you had a great celebration!

Health Freak Mommy said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Chris!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. You are indeed blessed

Health Freak Mommy said...

Thank you Anonymous, for the birthday wishes!