Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Good Neck Pain Pillow For A Good Night’s Sleep

Some people are pretty prone to getting stiff neck, stiff shoulders and backache. I am one of them in the unlucky lot! If I sit in front of my PC working hard for many hours, I am bound to have a nagging pain on my shoulders and neck for several days. I also tend to sprain my neck easily, especially when I sleep on my sides at night while I nurse Baby. That’s the reason why I must have a neck pain pillow when I sleep. I have been sleeping on a neck pain pillow for several years now and the incidences of getting a stiff neck or stiff shoulders have reduced significantly, albeit I still get them once in a while. When Baby was hospitalized for 3 weeks after her surgeries last year, I brought along my neck pain pillow with me to the hospital!

I am considering getting an orthopedic pillow for myself and for my hubs too. He suffers from occasional stiff neck and stiff shoulders too. An orthopedic pillow is designed to improve neck support for back sleeping as well as maximize comfort during side sleeping. A curved design allows room for shoulders while an indented center helps to support the neck while sleeping on the side.

Did I tell you that my backache made a vengeful return for the past few days? It has been under control for a long time and I don’t know what actually triggered the problem again. I must have carried Baby too much and did not bend my knees but bent my back too much when I carried her or other heavy stuff. To control the back pain, I have been diligently arching my back on my fit ball every morning. I may even consider getting back pain treatment in the form of a sitback rest with hot and cold therapy if my fitball back exercise does not stave off the back pain.

No comments: