Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Instant Indonesian Rendang Curry

What do you do when you had accidentally mixed up the good quality chicken meant for cooking with the loh kai por (old hen) meant for boiling soup? It would be such a waste to use up all the chicken to boil soup, so I made chicken rendang with the chicken.

I used a sachet of Asian Home Gourmet Indonesian Rendang Curry Gulai which my sil bought from Singapore:



Since I could not get fresh santan (coconut milk), I substituted it with 1.5 cans of evaporated milk and cooked the chicken for almost 2 hours.





The chicken was tasty and not too spicy (the gals could eat them without any complaints) but the meat was still a tad tough. Next time round, I must remember to cook the old hen for an extra hour or more!

1 comment:

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Next time, try the PIneapple rice mix thing...it tastes very good too... too bad their products are not available in Malaysia... :(