Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, November 28, 2014

Our Thursday - 28 November 2014

There were gloomy skies with thick grey clouds, floating and bouncing swiftly in the windy skies yesterday afternoon. It's been raining almost everyday lately. Bliss!   I could not resist snapping a picture of the KL Tower and KLCC covered partially in the grey clouds.  I think the backdrop of where I stay looks awesome, with an excellent view of the two famous landmarks of Kuala Lumpur.




Can you see Menara Maybank to the left of KL Tower? 
 

The MIL cooked beef bolognese for lunch, using 4 punnets of lean minced beef.  While the girls happily tucked into their favorite food, I noshed my bowl of salad with beef bolognese.  I can never ever go wrong with cooking beef bolognese.  The sauce is so versatile and can be eaten in an array of styles.  Seeing how delish my bowl of salad  was, Sherilyn taxed a quarter portion from me!

 

The mil also boiled a pot of barley with pumpkin to nourish  everyone who is not in top form but the kids were not used to drinking barley in that concoction!







But I think it's very soothing - just perfect for giving my bladder a good cleanse while getting my does of antioxidant from the pumpkin.

 



2 comments:

mun said...

I spot some avocados in your salad and I want to eat them - yummy! Barley with pumpkin, I like too. So did the girls drink the barley pumpkin tong sui in the end?

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Mun, come come! If you come, I'll fix you a bowl of refreshing salad! :D Nope, the girls didn't drink the pumpkin barley. MIL and I finished it! ha!