Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Nutritious Healthy Nutty Pancake


Recently, I created a nutritious healthy nutty pancake recipe for my gals. How did this creation come about? Well, I had earlier bought a tin of chocolate flavoured milk formula for Sherilyn but both she and Alycia didn't like the milk, probably because of the brown color that made it not so 'milky looking'? So there I was cracking my head on how to finish off the 1.8kg tin of choco milk plus 1 600gm alu foil packet choco milk that comes with it free. Finally, I came up with this creation and here's the recipe :


3 tablespoons of chocolate milk powder


6 tablespoons of organic wholemeal high protein flour OR plain flour OR soya flour


2 eggs


Dash of salt (optional)


1-2 tablespoons of sesame (white or black)


2 tablespoons of almond nibs


1 tablespoon of wheatgerm (optional)


Add water and stir until batter becomes smooth


Olive Lite butter or ordinary butter



Heat up some olive butter in a round non-stick pan. Pour batter into pan and fry under low fire for around 3 mins, turning both sides occasionally.


I'm so happy my gals went goo gaa over the pancake. Sherilyn who is one very picky eater and a bad feeder too kept asking for more. Wah, I am so proud of my yet another novel creation of healthy food for my 2 lil' angels.


I also 'concealed' the chocolate milk powder into my homemade 'nutritious, healthy, nutty, seedy bread' baked with my breadmaker which my gals love. I either toast the bread or use the bread as the crust base to make pizza for them.


2 comments:

jazzmint said...

helo...ur girls are so so cute!!!gosh..err i won't dare to eat that pancake LOL

Health Freak Mommy said...

LOL, i know the presentation of the pancake wasn't that appealing but nvm lah, as long as nutritious and the gals luv it, it's ok lah.