Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dress to Heal Anyone?

My 2 gals had always been very healthy and rarely fell sick. Even when everyone else in the house were down with flu, my gals almost never caught the flu bug. However, things took to a turn when Alycia (who turned 3 yo in Dec 06) attended pre-school in January this year. After 1 week of attending class, she started developing a mild cough which eventually got into a full- blown flu with fever. Each time she recovered, she caught the flu again when she went back to school. I was shocked when one day, I stepped into her class and noticed that out of the approximate 20 kids or so in her class, more than half of them had the sniffles and goo dribbling down their little noses. Yikes, no wonder ler, Alycia is always sick but what to do, I can't wrap her up in a clean suit with an oxygen tank attached to her and keep her at home forever. She needs to expose her body to some virus to get immuned to them.

My nightmare soon began. Each time Alycia fell sick, she would passed on the bug to Sherilyn coz they eat, play and sleep together and when I wasn't around for just a few seconds, Sherilyn would conveniently drink from Aly's cup or use her eating utensils or I would catch Aly wiping some of her goo onto Sher, eewwww!. Needless to say, I also fell sick inescapably due to the loss of beauty sleep and had 2 little brats spitting at me, coughing at me, spewing phelgm and vomit at me and sleeping with me. Next in turn was DH. This went on impeccably twice a month for 4 months. DH burnt a BIG hole in his pocket to bring the gals to the paed. Each consultation cost an average of RM100, so you go calculate how much DH spent on the gal's medical bills. I really felt the pinch now coz when I was still working, all the medical bills were covered by my company. On top of the choking medical bills, DH also bought Lo Hong Kar birds' nest, 'pau sum' (some kind of expensive ginseng) and took the gals to see a Chinese Sinseh from a chinese medicine hall to have their 'pulse read' and then bought chinese herbs for the gals. I told DH that our gals are really expensive from the time before their conception (coz Aly is a product of artificial insemination) through toddlerhood. Oh, sustaining both pregnancies is another long story which I will write about later. I was just terrified of checking their temperature each time their little bodies felt warm. I was really really terrified of going through the whole sick process of them getting sick.

Recently, I read from an online friend that her DD was also in a similar situation as my gals and after she tried this product called Teviron, her DD's condition improved. It's a kind of clothing made from special material that can electrically charge ions to electrostatic energy. When I saw the price list for the clothings, my jaw almost dropped off. One medium sized singlet cost RM310 and the blankets cost more. The products have to be worn consistently all the time to gain real effects from them. When I proposed to DH to buy this item, got criticized by him pulak. He said I was so gullible as to believe in such a thing, plus there is no guarantee that it will work on the gals. He said even with a RM1k+ Sharp brand Ion Plasmacluster air purifier in the gals' room, their immune system is still so vulnerable, so how can some so-called miracle clothing help. Part of me still wants to try out this product coz I hate to see my gals gulping down so much medicine every month without fail. So should I or should I not continue to pursue this idea with DH and get him to give this product a try? Has anyone used this Teviron before?

2 comments:

annabelwong said...

Hello Health Freak Mommy,

Just came across your blog and spotted ur article about the teviron clothing. May I know if you have tried it out? If yes, how did you find it? Would love to hear your experience, thanks! =)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Annabel... Nope, I didn't buy Teviron coz it's too expensive. My friend Judy bought it for his son. You can email Judy at judy186@gmail.com to check with her.