Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Half A Year Has Gone

Can you believe it? Today is 1st July... which means that half a year has flown past us so quickly. I can't believe that it's almost 2 months since Baby C's first surgery in Penang and in another 2 months' time, I will have to bring her back to the hospital in Penang for the MCUG scan to see if she still has kidney reflux. I absolutely can't wait for time to pass and for her to grow up. Our doctors have told us that many kids with kidney reflux will most likely outgrow the condition as they grow.

So what have I accomplished during the first half of this year? Nothing much but I managed to jump one very big hurdle and that is to see my baby go through 2 major surgeries. Before her surgeries, I often worried and wondered how life would be during my stay in the hospital watching my baby suffer. Well, I'd soldiered on and survived the ordeal, so did my very brave and tough little cookie. I can only pray now that the days ahead of her would be brighter and that she can now lead a normal life. Life for a toddler should be fun... there should be plenty of fun time, plenty of time spent in the park, shopping trips and holidays, right? But for Cassandra, her days revolved around eating supplements, antibiotics, hospital trips and pain. Well, I hope these are all over now.

As for me, the past 1 year or so has been extremely tumultous and I have been so engrossed and obsessed with Cassandra's health issue that I feel my life only revolved around her. I have neglected my 2 older kids, other people whom I love and other things that I love to do. I want to be an all-rounder again from now onwards. I pray that the second half of this year will be a better year for me, my kids, my hubs, my parents and everyone else whom I care for.

So how did the first half of this year go for you?

6 comments:

Yannie said...

I did a similar post like yours yesterday. It was more on my children's milestones.

Merryn said...

my half year was gone just like dat! i dunno what i did, but it's gone.. now.. just looking forward for ethan to turn two in a few weeks time! :D

Unknown said...

What do you mean you didn't accomplish much? With what you had to go through, that was a major accomplishment. Being there and taking care of your sick child should not be counted for nothing. Here's wishing you happier days ahead.

mommy to chumsy said...

*clap clap clap* You are such a brave and strong mommy. What you have gone through all these while...from trying to get pregnant for the first time until now, are already major accomplishment. The days are going to be better now :)

LittleLamb said...

Best Wishes to you....& family

Cynful Pleasure said...

you have been a good and great mum, wife, daughter! and for me? the arrival of Princess is the most remarkable event for the last 6 months!