Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sausages Are A Kid's Best Friend

Whenever I run out of ideas on what to prepare for the gals for lunch, I'll always fix them sandwiches. It could be a simple peanut butter or kaya + cheese sandwich or sandwiches with fried eggs, tuna, ham or sausages. Yes sausages, they are Alycia's and Sherilyn's favorite food and they can never ever get enough of them. But no, they ain't healthy and are loaded with sodium, preservative and food additives. And yes, they can really make my kids shout hooray whenever they come back from school and see sausages on the dining table.

This is what I prepared for Alycia and Sherilyn yesterday.... homemade fast-food... haha coz I only needed 10 minutes to prepare them.

Multi-grain bread with fried egg, hi-calcium cheese and chicken frankfurters.

Since I don't have a Wiener sausage cutter, I cut the sausages with a pair of scissors. I wanted to cut a sheet of seaweed to make eyes and mouth for the octopus' face but my 2 brats were so excited and famished that they could not wait to lay their hands on the sausages the minute they saw the octopus / banana shaped sausages.


5 comments:

mott said...

Hahah...I don't buy sausages often..coz my mom traumatized me when I was a kid. So..my kids don't get to eat much of it.

But Alycia looks real happy with it! :)

Chris said...

Nothing wrong with hotdogs/sausages as long as it is considered a treat and the rest of the meal is healthy(such as yours). Once I served the kids hotdogs 3 days in a row as their friends were over and it was just much easier...until my kids asked if they could have something else on the 4th day and if they could have "real" plates as I had been using plastic!

mommy to chumsy said...

It's Ashley's favourite too and she would eat them real quick. *Sigh*....if only she eats rice this quick.

CL said...

My girl is also another sausages fan. Over here, we can get really tasty sausages. I am also a supporter.

LittleLamb said...

same here. I dont have much bento accessories and I normally use what I have... and yes, Philip also like sausages but I dont serve often