Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Stir Fried Young Lotus Root And Pork Slices With Miso Paste

Earlier this week, I cooked a somewhat new dish - stir fried young lotus roots and lean pork slices with miso paste.  We normally cook this dish with oyster sauce. The girls love eating young lotus roots as the texture is crunchy.  Since I still have a big box of miso paste sitting in the fridge, I decided to use some.  And the dish was yummeh!
























There is still a lot of miso paste left. I think I am going to google search for recipes that use miso paste, so that I can finish off the paste before it expires. Do give this dish a try. It goes well with rice or porridge. I ate it sans rice and have always been eating dishes sans rice ;)

4 comments:

Granny Stella Wong Yeow said...

My favourite too..hope to eat food cooked by you one fine day. Think of it, I really haven't taken a meal cooked by my own daughter yet, when I wonder?
Every time I see photos of your cooking, I start to salivate,LOL!

Chris said...

LOL Granny!!
I love lotus root too. Have u ever seen how it is harvested? Saw it on an episode of China Bites when in Msia recently...will NEVER ever complain abt the price of it anymore! Can be eaten raw...mildly sweet and crunchy. Miso paste is excellent for grilling/ steaming fish.

Health Freak Mommy said...

Come mummy, come to KL and I shall cook for you & dad. My pleasure! :)

Chris, I saw the video of lotus root harvesting too. My MIL bought the VCD for the girls to watch. Indeed back-breaking under the hot sun!! Oh yea, I shall try adding some miso paste onto my fish soon. Thanks for the tip !

Granny Stella Wong Yeow said...

Yes, we had the opportunity of watching lotus roots being harvested during one of our tours to China.