Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Random Ramblings

  

This stupid fake lizard never fails to startle me. Hubs bought it for Cass about a year ago at a toys wholesaler in Chinatown. No prize for guessing who these two mobsters intended to scare to death with the lizard!  After a few rounds of trying her luck to terrorize me with it with no success, the lizard went missing and a few months later, it resurfaced. Though the color on the body faded a wee bit, the lizard still gives me the heebie-jeebies each time I see it on the table or floor out of nowhere as it does look frigging real!  Someone is still trying her luck! Today she succeeded as it scared the living daylights out of the mil when she saw it on the floor!


Look what I found inside the washer yesterday morning..

 

Someone had left the USB cord in his jeans pocket yesterday and despite me checking the pockets before the clothes went into the washer, I couldn't find anything. His jeans pockets are really deep and I don't stick my entire hand into them to check. Everyone should be responsible for checking their own clothes before chucking them into the laundry pail! I'm no one's maid!   I had a shock when the USB cord poured out of the washer when I opened the door. No wonder the washer had strange sounds inside during the cycle!  

Yesterday none of the girls wanted to follow us out for brunch. With just the three of us adults, hubs ventured into Paramount Garden @ PJ to try our luck getting a table at O&S Coffee Shop. When we saw a queue longer than 10 meters (expected as it was a public holiday), we segued into Choon Prawn Mee House to tuck into some authentic Penang prawn noodles.






Ice milk tea with grass jelly.

While mil and I waited for our prawn noodles, hubs queued up at O&S to get takeaway Yong Tau Fu, Indian rojak and char koay teow for our dinner.  My life is constantly filled with good food when I have a foodie hubs who lives to eat and a daughter who finds her zen cooking and baking.

And this is the reason why I must clock in an average of 13,000 - 17,000 steps a day to melt all these calories away.  I exercise twice a day every other day - once from 6:20 - 7:00 a.m. at our condo's jogging trek and another round from 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. at the park.




My Fitbit is always worn on my upper arm when I'm at home so that it doesn't get in my way when I do house chores.
And yes, I finally got myself a new smart watch - a Fitbit Charge 4 with awesome features.  It's water resistant to 50 meters, thus I don't have to freak out if I accidentally left it in my shorts pocket for an hour spin in the washer 😅. I shall write a separate post on my Charge 4 soon...

No comments: