Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Random Updates (RMCO Day 93 ~ Thursday, 10 Sept 2020)

 This is our edible garden on the balcony:

Spring onions (grown from red shallots), Thai purple basil, red Malabar spinach and stink grass (fragrant actually).


Chinese parsley (both pots alongside spring onion on the ledge), baby shoots of green Malabar spinach  (on the right) and red Malabar spinach. Both the red and green Malabar spinach plants were grown from stems after we ate the leaves.  The Chinese parsley were grown from the root bunch after we used the top part.  The plants on the bottom left are Sherilyn's school RBT project where she planted lettuce and chilies from seeds.


This was my breakfast yesterday: 

A packet of vegetarian meehoon with vegetables curry and fried tempeh with curry leaves as add ons. The mil and I shared this.  Lately, she's been reducing her food portion too. Guess my health freak practices have rubbed off on her 😆.  She also walks an hour a day in the morning sun. As a result, she lost quite a bit of weight, something for her to rejoice in as she was advised by her doctor to shed some weight some time back.


My new stock of pickled raw mango, papaya and Ambarella, bought from a seller on Facebook.  I didn't expect each box to have so much pickles in it and I shared them with Maria our part-time helper as well as hubby's aunt who stays 2 floors below ours.  


Today there was a little drama at the supermarket car park. After I took the parking chip coin, I dropped the coin (which is super slippery and small)  which fell through a small gap between the driver's seat and a tray and landed at the bottom. There was no way I could wedge my hand between the tiny gap and the bottom is too deep for me to reach. I searched my car and handbag frantically for anything that's long and thin to slot between the gap to push the coin out. I was so glad that I found a tube of hand cream, which is almost finishing, thus flat enough to go through the gap.  When the tube reached the bottom, in my excitement, I pushed the coin forward a tad too hard and then the coin flew away and was no where in sight. Fudge!!  


Again, I searched for the coin frantically, like I was looking for a needle in a haystack and had to squat down in my tight mini denim skirt to search under the car seat, which made things harder! With the coin no where in sight, I ran into the supermarket after going through the My Sejahtera QR code scanning and temperature check and looked for the manager. He's someone whom I'm familiar with. Told him the sob story but he said sorry, you still have to pay RM30 as the replacement coin costs almost that much.  Bummer.  I went back to my car to do another thorough scan of the car floor. This time I had to literally stick my  head and hand under the seat but still I couldn't see the dang coin. I flipped the double layer of floor mat on the back passenger seat and blimey, the blue coin was sitting underneath the mat!  And I was perturbed as to how the coin could have gone backwards when I pushed it forward!  

Happy yet flustered after I found the coin.  I think I'm going to have a phobia putting the parking chip coin on the seat next to me after today's drama. Just like how I'm now paranoid of holding my keys when I get in and out of the lift. A few years ago, the bunch of house keys slipped out of my hand as I exited the lift, fell through the elevator shaft and landed at the bottom. The condo manager had to call the elevator technicians over to retrieve the keys 😑

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a suggestion or two here...u can get from Daiso some sponge tube thing that fits into the space,or like me, I have a pair of disposable chopsticks in the glove compartment that I use to retrieve coins and what not. I even convinced my husband to do the same!
Chris

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Chris
That's a great suggestion! I've now placed a pair of disposable chopsticks in my car. Thanks for the great tip! ;)