Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, May 31, 2021

Monday, 31 May 2021 ~ Random Updates

I've been busy at home again. Ever since the Covid cases kept surging uncontrollably for the past one month, we've decided to stop Maria our part-time helper from coming. My SILs from overseas have been very concerned as we do not know who Maria mingles with the moment she leaves our home and we have a highly vulnerable person at home.  So I had to bite the bullet and broke the unpleasant news to Maria again. Since the first lockdown on 18 March last year, Maria had to stop working for us temporarily several times (for several months during each lockdown).  Thankfully Maria has been very understanding. She's been a gem to us for the last 9 years and I pray that Maria will be able to step into our home again soon.

Without Maria helping us, post-meal times are my kill joy.   And it doesn't help that the two chefs in the house love baking and cooking. And I have to do most of the cleaning of their aftermath. Oh my poor hands!! 😓  

This chicken satay and peanut/satay sauce were made from scratch by Sherilyn.  They're delish but the kitchen post-cooking is my nightmare, every single day. Though she helps to clean up, it's pretty slipshod work and I still have to clean up after her.




Haru is trying to catch a light shone on the wall with a torchlight by Cass.  It's entertaining watching her catch shadows and lights everyday. She's a joy in our lives (except for someone who finds her a nuisance😑) for all the laughter that she brings.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That satay sauce looks delist! Recipe please. I used to ‘import’ sataysauce from KL to HK when I was staying there and eat it with rice and eggs for several meals!
Chris

Health Freak Mommy said...

Hi Chris
Sherilyn googled for an easy recipe. She tweaked the recipe a little and used a combination of peanut butter and dry roasted peanuts.

You can try the one below, which is pretty simple.
https://rasamalaysia.com/peanut-sauce/

Happy trying! :)