Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Holiday Activity - Making Stovetop Popcorn

I bought these popcorn kernels by mistake from Shopee. I thought they were already popped and ready-to-eat.  I got a shock when they came as kernels.  I missed out the word 'kernels' 😐 That's the problem whenever I buy something in a rush.

RM3.98 a packet for US mushroom kernels and RM4.98 a packet for the South Africa variety.

Today Sherilyn popped the kernels on a stovetop in a saucepan with organic coconut oil and littered them with a teeny bit of maple sugar.  They turned out pretty well, albeit some of the popcorns didn't turn out looking like mushroom popcorns (rounded) but instead, looking more like butterfly popcorns (irregular shapes).  Nonetheless, the popcorns were very nice and addictive.  We can indulge in them without much guilt as we know what goes in.  

The aroma of the popping popcorns wafting in the house was reminiscent of our good old cinema days.

We will try popping the kernels again tomorrow. This time we will add cocoa powder and matcha.  

Popping popcorn kernels is a fun holiday activity. It only takes a few minutes to get one big pot of yummy popcorns.  Quite glad that I erred on this purchase 😅











No comments: