Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Sunday, 19 Sept 2021

Today is the end of the week-long school term break.   Cass hit the sheets a few minutes before 10 p.m., which is something that is extremely rare for this night owl.  But I'm glad that she's slowly learning to take charge of her life without me nagging her anymore.  Baby steps. My prayers have been answered 😍

I didn't notice Cass going into her room as I was busy with work on the computer.  The MIL asked me in astonishment why Cass went to bed so early as that's just not Cass.  I went into Cass' room and asked her if she'd still like to pray together as this morning she requested that I pray with her before bed. 

As I walked into the room, instead of calling her Cassandra, in a slip of the tongue, I called her Haru instead 😆.  We both broke into hearty guffaws.  

After praying with Cass and giving her a goodnight hug, I went to check on Haru who's already in her cage. Today Sherilyn fed and put Haru back into the cage.  It's my nightly routine to carry Haru back to her cage, pet her and say I Love You and Goodnight to her.  Sometimes I say a short prayer for her.  If I'm too busy with work on my computer, Haru will jump up my chair and bury her face behind me to nudge me. This is her way of telling me that she's either hungry or want to be carried back to her cage at night.  

Having a pet is akin to having another child as I love my pet like my own human child.  Though I was never a cat lover and never knew how to care for one, I've now fallen in love with this kitty, who's like a child trapped in a cat's body.  

Alycia who used to have phobia of cats and fury animals has also fallen in love with Haru.  She likes putting Haru on her lap, like a toddler, while she watches her Korean dramas.   Haru who is not really a lap cat, does not resist and seems to enjoy Alycia's company.  But she has a limit. She won't sit for more than 5 minutes on our laps now as she prefers to roam freely.  She used to be stroked for hours till she fell asleep on Cass and Sherilyn's laps when she was a 2-3 month old kitten.




No comments: