Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Grilled Shishamo Fish In Parchment Paper On Pan

Our neighborhood supermarket is having a promotion for shishamo at RM10.90 for a pack, so I've been stocking up quite a bit of them. I love shishamo. It's the only fish that I can wallop the entire fish, including the head, tail, and bones, and have zero waste.

One easy way to cook shishamo is by grilling them on parchment paper on a frying pan.  Sherilyn cooked shishamo using this method twice.  It's not 100% oil splatter-free but just not as bad.   She uses a splatter screen to block the oil from splattering out.



The shishamo can be lightly seasoned with a pinch of salt but Sherilyn made her own teriyaki sauce for the fish and squeezed in some lemon juice. 


So delish! Not exactly crispy but it's good enough. I can chomp down the entire plate all by myself but of course, I didn't do it. 
I used to stuff myself with grilled shishamo during our weekly Japanese lunch buffets yonks ago at PJ Hilton and Sheraton Subang.  How I miss those days but I have a much smaller appetite and tummy now than I was 20 years ago.  I wouldn't want to splurge RM200 on a buffet lunch that I can't get a bang out of my buck, would you? 😁




No comments: