Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Covid Scare

Last week the entire family had a major scare when hubs had diarrhea and a high fever. He was 101% certain that his diarrhea was caused by food poisoning as he had eaten a piece of fried chicken where the meat was not thoroughly cooked.  He was dumping several times a day and had a temperature of 38.6C.

Sherilyn and Alycia were terrified because they didn't want to get infected as they had many plans lined up ahead. They kept urging their dad to go to the clinic to do a PCR test.

Hubs did the Covid self-test thingy several times a day for 5 days and all the tests showed negative. Moreover, besides diarrhea and a temperature, he had no other symptoms.   While he was 101% certain that his diarrhea was caused by the uncooked chicken, we were worried that it was Covid as he was also in close contact with a friend who was Covid positive.  

To be on the safe side, I slept on the couch in the living room for 3 nights.   In my 22 years of being married to him, I have never slept on the couch before. It's always him who had to sleep on the couch whenever he felt unwell. 

I didn't sleep well the 3 nights that I slept on the couch. The couch was narrow and my right hand was squeezed, making my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms worse, even with a wrist splint. Plus I'm an ultralight sleeper - anyone who got out of the room to use the toilet woke me up.  Haru knew that I was sleeping in the living room and woke up early meowwwwwing away for my attention for her to be let out of her cage. 

We're very thankful to God that we're once again spared from this dreadful virus 🙏


No comments: