Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, September 23, 2022

Weekend Is Here

The weekend is finally here. I hear someone rejoicing and planning fun activities to do over the weekend. Going to school is torturous for her as it's not easy to cope in a Chinese Independent High School.  I'm talking about mini-tests almost every week, on top of homework.  But I ain't rejoicing at all. When she's at home, I have extra work to do. She cooks and bakes almost the entire morning and messes up the kitchen. She badgers me for things the whole morning. I actually prefer her to be in school 😬.

Even though it's the weekend, it's not a rest day for me.  Sherilyn has to be in school before 6.30 a.m. tomorrow to take part in a marathon. The school bus will leave at 6.30 a.m.  After sending her to school, I continue with some chores at home before sending Alycia to the cafe for her weekend part-time job. Then I get home and settle more chores before going for my morning run under the glorious sun to soak in some sunshine vitamin and mood-enhancing energy.  

Before I even get to rest, it's time for me to fetch Sherilyn back from school, get the girls lunch and do another round of laundry. Then it's time to fetch Alycia back from the cafe. But that's not it.  I have to be Alycia's driving instructor, which is a nerve-racking 'ordeal'.  I let her practise driving every weekend when she gets to drive home from the cafe. At the car park, I teach her reverse parking.  In my entire motherhood journey, I think sitting next to my teenager, who's a new driver, is one of the most difficult tasks. I have cold sweat and have to hang on tightly to whatever I can grip in the car while stepping on the imaginary brake all the time that Alycia's driving 😂.  

Alycia's driving has improved slightly but is still not good enough for her to drive independently yet.  There will be many more nerve-racking sessions with her before she passes my stringent test requirements. 


Oven-baked prawns with garlic butter, prepped by Sherilyn early this week.

Sherilyn hardly has the time to cook and bake now as she has intensive tuition classes to attend. She has less than half a year more to go before her SPM exam! 

Spaghetti aglio e olio with baked prawns. Very, very aromatic and yummeh!




No comments: