Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Friday, September 30, 2022

Friday, 30 September 2022

A while ago, Cass told me that she had a light bulb moment when she collected my parcels from the lobby of our condo. She usually helps me to collect my parcels at around 9-ish p.m. after working out at the gym.  

Yeah, I have quite a number of parcels to look forward to every day.  About 70-80% of my stuff are purchased online since the pandemic started, from food items to underwear to pet supplies, supplements, and much more.

When the Government imposed a lockdown 2.5 years ago, delivery riders were no longer allowed to go up to the residents' units to deliver items.  Instead, all parcels and food items are to be left on a long table at the lobby and the respective recipient has to collect their stuff themselves. 

When Cass saw the amount of parcels left on the long table at the lobby every day, her money-minded brain suddenly had this idea that popped out on how she could earn a little pocket money -- by helping residents collect their parcels and sending them to their doorsteps! She would charge RM1 for delivering to each unit.

Cass asked me if she could do this so that she could build up a nice little nest egg. 

I'm hesitant as I don't want Cass to be spending too much time delivering parcels and neglect her studies. All I want is for her to focus in her studies and her health.  She could consider working on a  part-time basis after her SPM.  

Also, a Committee Meeting of the condo would have to be held before this side hustle is allowed in the condo grounds. And this involves an under-18 child.  I don't want to be known by neighbors as the infamous parent who allowed her young teen to work!

I've told Cass to forget about this whole side hustle idea and just focus on being a good student. But she's not about to give up yet. 

Cass whipped up this one-tray grill on Monday in between online classes. 


Homemade pork burgers, Japanese pumpkin, garlic, onions and potatoes.


My kind of meal. So delicious!



Cass wanted to make Japanese sando but it was a flop.  She made this in between online classes, thus didn't have enough time to do deeper research on how the sandwiches are wrapped and cut.


And it turned out to be a regular sandwich that didn't look too pretty after it was cut into half. It's bursting with fillings of egg mayo, chicken chop, salad greens and cherry tomatoes. Very delish, nonetheless.

1 comment:

Tinsyaz said...

Sandwich looks so tempting!