Looking for a particular post or topic? Search here!

Where My Readers Are From

Flag Counter

Who's Reading HFM Life

Monday, January 23, 2023

Random Events Before CNY 2023

The few days leading up to Chinese New Year were busy days for me.  No, I wasn't busy spring cleaning (I clean the house every day) or shopping for CNY stuff but busy with the girls.

On Thursday (three days before CNY), I attended Sherilyn's graduation ceremony at the Pearl International Hotel. Parents and students must reach the hotel ballroom at 7.30 a.m. sharp and I got up at 4.15 a.m. to do some chores before we left the house before 7 a.m.   I spent half the day at the hotel and reached home at around 2 p.m.

Sherilyn's high school graduation ceremony in January 2023 vs.

Primary school (SJKC Kuen Cheng 2) graduation ceremony in November 2017. 
How did 6 years just fly past us without us realizing it?

I can't wait to attend Sherilyn's university graduation in 4 years 🙏😊




On the day of Sherilyn's graduation ceremony, Alycia had to miss her trip back to Ipoh for CNY with her grandparents as she was down with food poisoning.  Instead of feasting on yummy food in Ipoh with my parents and her cousins, she ate bread and was feeling nauseous with persistent purging.  


Eve of eve of CNY ~ I brought Cass to Sunway Pyramid to have her ice skates molded to make them more fitting and comfy. Her new skates were a tad stiff and were causing her painful blisters.  We later found out that molding ice skates is actually baking her skates in the oven for a brief 3-5 minutes.




After getting her skates molded, I coaxed Cass into getting a new t-shirt for CNY.  This girl of mine is not bothered by what she wears and doesn't understand why I keep forcing her to get new clothes 😂.  She's the kind of girl who can wear the same set of clothing that she wore to sleep last night to the mall or restaurant the next day and couldn't be bothered with what people think of her 🤣 and this drives me potty.  

No comments: